Those three social media platforms provide numerous chances to build relationships with other users, spread word of your business, and attract new visitors to your website. However, their functions couldn’t be more dissimilar.
Facebook’s ultimate goal is to facilitate communication amongst users’ various social circles. Facebook is used for people to show each other their lives through pictures and videos.
On the other hand, Twitter is where people talk about novel concepts, current events, and topics of interest. People may use Twitter to keep in touch with loved ones, but the service is primarily used for news and information about the world at large. (in 140 characters or less).
Photos and movies can be shared with others using Instagram. Most users share their “highlight reel” with friends and followers and use the programme to track the activities of influential people. This is the process by which individuals join a social media network.
But the issue remains: how does your company factor into this picture? We’ve made a detailed comparison of Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram to help you weigh the benefits and drawbacks of each.
Facebook vs. Instagram
Instagram is designed for sharing your best photographs and videos with your fans and interacting and connecting with influencers while Twitter is used for sharing ideas and catching up on news and trends around the globe.
Participation on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
It’s just as important to prioritise content over number by calculating how long users spend on each site. Or, how much time do they devote to each each day?
Data on Twitter Interactions:
- Twitter had an average of 330 million MAU in the first quarter of 2019.
- Approximately 71% of Twitter users report doing so.
- Due to the platform’s character restriction, you must provide users with easily consumable material if you want to keep their attention.
- Stats on Facebook User Interaction:
- When it comes to social media, Facebook is clearly the leader.
- Facebook has roughly 1.88 billion daily active members as of the first quarter of 2021.
- Over 60% of all daily social media views in the US occur on Facebook.
Facts About Instagram Followers:
- More than half of Instagram’s customers log in every day.
- The average interaction rate for accounts between 1,000 and 5,000 subscribers is 5.6%. However, the typical engagement rate for profiles with over a million subscribers is 1.97%.
- Taking into account the data above, it’s clear that having a large number of friends isn’t necessarily a good predictor of having high interaction rates on Facebook. Here’s some stats from statista to back up your claim. According to monthly active users (in minutes), here are the top 10 smartphone social networking applications in the United States as of September 2019. Facebook comes out on top by a wide margin.
Comparison of Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
When deciding on the best medium for your company, keep the following in mind.
- You can think of Twitter as your company’s “elevator pitch,” with only 140 characters to communicate your message. What is the most important point you wish to make to your listeners right off the bat?
- Facebook affords you the chance for a deeper conversation with a target group. Full company sites can be made, videos and pictures shared, and prospects incentivized to interact with your brand in other ways (say, with a discount of 10% if they “like” your company page).
- Instagram allows you to build a network of communicative users. This is the medium in which people are most apt to participate. When people use Instagram, they look for and follow popular people and businesses.
Advertisements on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
Facebook and Instagram ads, in particular, have been shown to significantly increase exposure. Instagram’s comparable advertising features are a result of its parent company, Facebook. You can filter down your target audience based on factors like income, buying habits, interests, and membership in specific Facebook groups when using the sophisticated targeting tools that come standard with Facebook advertising.
The customer experience with Facebook ads is simple and straightforward. As Facebook themselves note, “some people spend more on coffee each day than they do on their ad campaigns,” the platform’s advertising options can be quite affordable. Depending on the nature of the effort, a daily expenditure of $2–$3 may be sufficient.
Advertising on Twitter can be tailored to a user’s demographics, interests, languages, and friends, among other things. Twitter advertising costs more than its Facebook counterpart.
However, Twitter advertisements can have interaction rates of 1-3%, significantly higher than the average CTR of 0.119% on Facebook, so the investment may be worthwhile.
Business Use of Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
If you are unsure which social media platform is ideal for your business, it is probably best to test out all three for a while. Your articles’ success rates on each platform will become clearer to you over time, allowing you to prioritise your efforts accordingly. There’s no risk in experimenting with all three, as they are costless to use.